Malta is an island that lies at the center of the Mediterranean. It’s a popular tourist destination for its sunny weather, attractive beaches, thriving nightlife, and architectural and historical monuments. In addition to that, the country has a low-crime rate, well-established telecommunications infrastructure, and an efficient healthcare program.
Moreover, Malta is an EU member state and also a member of Schengen Zone so citizens of Malta can freely travel, live and work in any EU country.
Launched in 2014, Malta’s Individual Investor Program offers citizenship by investment to wealthy people and their families who want the benefits of EU citizenship from a Schengen member. They will be assured of safety and a steady political climate, plus the freedom to travel visa free to more than 160 countries that includes USA and Canada.
Malta has capped the Individual Investor Program to a maximum of 1,800 applicants and as of November 2016, they have received approximately 800 passport applications.
REASONS TO CHOOSE MALTA
- Visa free travel to more than 160 countries in the world including EU, USA, Canada
- Right of establishment in all 28 EU countries
- Inclusion of parents of main applicant and spouse, minor children, unmarried dependent adult children
- Dual and lifetime citizenship
- Stable political system and safe environment
- Low tax regime
- High standard of living
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be at least 18 years of age, be in good health, pass the ‘fit and proper test’ showing no criminal records, provide proof of residency in Malta for a period of 12 months preceding the issuing of a certificate of Naturalization, and meet the following investment requirements:
- Acquisition of real estate with a minimum value of €350,000 to be held for at least 5 years or lease a residential immovable property in Malta at an annual rent of at least €16,000 for a period of 5 years
- Non-refundable contribution of €650,000 by the main applicant to the National Development and Social Fund, plus the following additional contributions for the applicant’s dependents:
- Spouse: €25,000
- Each dependent under the age of 18: €25,000
- Each dependent aged 18-26: €50,000
- Dependent parents & grandparents: €50,000
- Investment in stocks, bonds or special purpose vehicles to be identified by Identity Malta, for a
minimum value of €150,000 to be held for a minimum period of 5 years.
DUE DILIGENCE FEES
- Main applicant: €7,500
- Spouse: €5,000
- Dependent aged 13-17: €3,000
- Dependent aged 18-26: €5,000
- Dependent aged 55 and above: €5,000