Located in the heart of the Mediterranean, Cyprus is modern and thriving business center offering opportunities for investment across a wide range of sectors. Being close to Europe, Asia, and Africa, it’s geographical advantage makes it diverse and culturally rich.
The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Program was launched in May 2013 to raise funds after the local banking crisis. There are various ways you can obtain citizenship in Cyprus. They all include investing €2 million in stock, bonds, properties or business located on the territory of Cyprus as well as purchasing €500,000 worth residential property.
In order to qualify, applicant must have a clean criminal record, purchase a permanent residence with a minimum value of €500.000, plus V.A.T. in Cyprus, and choose one of the prescribed investment options which are now set at a minimum of €2million and maintain it for the required duration of 3 years.
The primary benefit of this program is the freedom to travel throughout EU and to over 150 countries across the world without the issuing of any visa. Moreover, Cyprus’s economic citizenship program does not require a contribution to the country; citizenships are granted through direct investment.
Applicants may also include dependents above 18 to 28 years old if they are fully dependent on the applicant.
REASONS TO CHOOSE CYPRUS
- Fastest track to Europe allowing for direct path to citizenship within three months
- No physical residence requirements during or after the application procedure but 1 visit every 7 years is required
- No language requirements, medical tests or interviews
- Low tax rates and free trade within the EU
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in EU member state
- Protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of any EU country
- Right to own land in an EU member state
- Strategic geographical location
- Low crime rate, high standard of educational institutions and healthcare facilities
- Visa-free travel to over 150 countries including the EU and Canada
- Real estate developments and infrastructure
The applicant should make an investment of at least € 2,000,000 purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects or other infrastructure projects.
- Cypriot business and companies
The applicant should purchase or should participate in companies or organizations established and operating in the Republic of Cyprus with investment costs of at least €2,000,000. The companies must have physical presence in Cyprus, with significant activity and turnover, and must employ at least five Cypriot or European citizens.
- Alternative investment funds or financial assets of companies or organizations licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
Acquisition of financial assets in Cypriot businesses or organizations of at least € 2,000,000 such as bonds, bills and securities issued by companies that have demonstrated physical presence and substantial economic activity in Cyprus.
Investors need to maintain the purchase assets for a period of 3 years.
- Combination of the above investments
The applicant may choose a combination of the above investments, provided that the total investment will amount to at least € 2,000,000. Under this criterion, the investor may also invest in government bonds of Cyprus for the amount up to € 500.000, which will be issued f by the Public Debt Management Office of the Ministry of Finance for a period of at least 3 years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Clean Criminal Record
- Residential Property: The applicant should own a residential property of at least €500,000 + VAT.
- Residency in Cyprus: The applicant, before the naturalization as Cypriot Citizen, must hold a residency permit in Cyprus for a period of at least 6 months.