Temporary Resident Visa

Canada grants millions of temporary visas to non-Canadian visitors every year. This includes applicants who want to visit as a tourist, study at one of the many universities and colleges, or apply as a Temporary Foreign Worker.

As a general rule, tourists are admitted for a period of six months. Temporary foreign workers and international students are admitted for varying periods of time, as determined on a case-to-case basis.

1.   Visitor’s Visa

There are two types of visitor’s visa:

  1. Single-entry visa – allows visitors to come to Canada only once. After leaving Canada, a new visa is needed to travel back to Canada.
  2. Multiple-entry visa – allows visitors to return to Canada without having to reapply for a visa, usually for six months at a time. This is valid for up to 10 years.

To apply for visit visa, you will need to meet some basic requirements:

  • provide a valid travel document, such as a passport
  • pass the medical exam
  • have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • prove that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
  • convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • have sufficient funds for your stay
  • furnish an invitation letter from someone who lives in Canada

2.   Foreign Skilled Worker on Temporary Work Permit

Thousands of foreign skilled workers flock to Canada every year on Temporary Work Permits. Temporary Work Permits are granted to candidates that already have a job offer from a company in Canada. Once the employment contract expires, the foreign worker has to go back to his home country.

However, Temporary Work Permit may be a stepping stone to Canadian Permanent Residency. Once in Canada, a foreign worker may qualify for Canadian Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), through a Skilled Worker category, or through one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).

3.   International Student on Study Permit

Canada offers top quality, world-renowned training and education which prepare students for a brighter future thriving with professional pursuits.

Foreigners who want to study in Canada must secure a study permit. It is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as CIC) that allows foreign nationals to study in Canada for a limited time.

To obtain a study permit, the initial step is to provide an acceptance letter from a university in Canada. Once the visa is granted, students are usually given 3-4 years of stay depending on the choice of course selected. Students are also given the liberty to work part time while their accompanying spouse is allowed to work on a full time basis. Upon successful completion of course, a three year work permit will be issued to work full time. They may also choose to apply for a permanent resident visa or apply for another study permit to continue a different study program.

4.   Business Visa

Entrepreneurs who need to conduct short business trips to Canada have to secure a business visa. They are no longer in need of a work permit since their purpose is only take part in international business activities  and not be a part of the Canadian labor market.

In order to obtain a visit visa for business purposes, individuals must send certain documents such as:

  • a letter of invitation from a potential business partner in Canada
  • 24-hour contact details for that person

As a business visitor, you must show that:

  • you plan to stay for less than six months in Canada
  • you do not plan to enter the Canadian labor market
  • your main place of business and source of income and profits is outside Canada
  • you have documents that support your application
  • you meet Canada’s basic entry requirements such as having a valid travel document, sufficient funds, plan to leave the country at the end of the visa, and has no criminal record or health problems

If you’re looking for a change of scenery, in pursuit of a higher education, or want to do business in Canada for a short period of time, NASC will be happy to assist you as you secure a temporary visa.

To jump start your application process, take our free online assessment here: ( Click Here )

Click Here to Check our Facebook

Call now
for free consultation
: +971 4 228 0422
Mail now
free consultation
: info@nascintl.com


We are the largest and most trusted name in the international immigration industry having World wide.