United States Of America
The United States of America is one of the most powerful countries in the world when it comes to politics, economics and trade. It remains to be a global leader in the field medical research, technology and innovation. It also offers world-renowned education since most of the top universities in the world can be found in the USA.
People living in America enjoy a high standard of living and they are free to practice any religion, share their opinion, and marry anyone they please. There are also lots of job opportunities and unemployment rate is quite low.
Though highly industrialized, USA still boasts some of the most beautiful landscapes and breathtaking natural wonders in the world. Containing expansive national parks and vibrant cities, it is frequently visited by tourists, local visitors and business travelers. There are endless choices for places to visit and events to take part in.
Thus, the USA is known to be a great destination for expats to relocate to and NASC is offering assistance to investors and business people applying specifically through its EB-5 Immigration Investor Program.
This method will require the applicant to invest $500,000 U.S. in an EB-5 government-approved regional center for a period of about five years. This will enable the applicant to live, work and study anywhere in the US and there are no education, age or English language requirements.
This investment is regarded as passive since the investment goes to someone else’s commercial project, such as a hotel, residence complex or office tower. Through the project, 10 or more American works should be employed for a period of two years.
Through this program, entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for a green card provided they meet the required investment in a commercial enterprise in the US and they plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs to qualified U.S. workers.
This is the fastest way for wealthy individuals to obtain a green card for themselves, their spouse and dependent children under the age of 21.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, commercial enterprise means any for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of lawful business including, but not limited to:
A sole proprietorship
- Partnership (whether limited or general)
- Holding company
- Joint venture
- Business trust or other entity, which may be publicly or privately owned
Applicant must invest $1,000,000, or at least $500,000 in a targeted employment area (high unemployment or rural area). In return, USCIS may grant conditional permanent residence to the individual.
Advantages of the EB-5 Immigration Investor Program:
- Permanent residence for the whole family with one investment
- No need for any business or management experience
- No language skills and minimum education required
- Processing time of 16 to 20 months to obtain a U.S. green card
- The investment is returned over a 4.5 year period
- Applicant only needs to prove he obtained the $500,000 US legally. This money can come from personal savings, a loan, a donation, an inheritance, etc.
- Applicant is eligible for American citizenship after 5 years.
- Possible to continue to conduct business elsewhere in the world as long as a residence is kept in the United States.
Direct Investment (Active)
For an applicant to get conditional green cards for him and his family, he needs to invest $1 million U.S. in his own business and directly employ a minimum of 10 people for two years.
After demonstrating that the applicant has complied with all the requirements, he can qualify for permanent green card status.