With its bucolic scenery and year-round sunshine, Portugal remains to be one of the best and most affordable destinations in Europe. Mediterranean beaches, medieval alleyways, deep valleys and rolling hills, dramatic cityscapes and a myriad of colorful towns abound in this culturally rich country.
It is among the oldest countries in Europe that adjusted well to modernization and is now considered one of the world’s most globalized and peaceful countries. Portugal is a member of the European Union.
Through their Golden Residence Permit Program launched in 2012, foreigners are now given the right to live in Portugal. They only need to purchase a real estate property of at least €500,000. Other investment options include investing a million Euros in capital or establishing a business that can create 10 jobs in Portugal. Once the Golden visa is issued, visa holder can travel freely to all EU countries in the Schengen area and apply for Portuguese citizenship after six years.
The applicant must submit the required forms and documents then undergo a biometric exam in Portugal. The entire process takes about a month. Spouse and children below 18 years old can be included in the application. An important factor to note is that the applicant and his family members are not required to live in Portugal to obtain the residency.
REASONS TO CHOOSE PORTUGAL
- Visa free travel within the EU Schengen Zone for up to ninety days per trip
- Limited residency requirement (at least 7 days during year 1, 14 days for each subsequent 2 year period)
- Possibility of getting citizenship after 6 years
- Inclusion of spouse, dependent children and parents in the application for residency
- Fast processing ( approx. 3 to 8 month for approval)
- Right to live, work or open a business in Portugal
- Numerous business opportunities
- Ranks fifth among the most peaceful countries in the world, according to 2016 Global Peace Index
- Real estate investment of at least € 500,000
- Cash Deposit or Financial Investment (bonds or stocks) of at least €1,000,000
- Create a new company with at least 10 permanent employees based in Portugal
for free consultation