DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides support to clients, staff, employers and the Manager of Employment Services by performing a variety of complex, coordinated clerical duties associated with the delivery of five employment programs.
The primary responsibility of this position involves the collection of Employment Services data for two (2) Employment Services locations (Oshawa & Uxbridge). This involves the data entry and analyzing of information to assist front line staff (Employment Advisors, Case Managers, Job Developers) in the achievement of statistical targets/outcomes.
The position monitors budgets and is the final end point for the reconciliation of invoicing, issuing payments, tracking statistics and staff attendance/vacation. This position also requires the need to support staff regarding the training of new staff around processes, guidelines, deadlines, data entry, budget tracking and employer invoicing.
This work requires the development of coordinated processes and the following of procedures and guidelines required by MTCU data collection within the overall framework of college policies and procedures.
Data & Financial Administration:
- Maintain databases of client and employer activity and produce required reports for staff review and verification
- Confirm information requirements have been entered prior to deadline established by MTCU as per schedule requirements.
- Follow-up with site checks and report runs.
- Input invoices/support amount, verify and track dates and final invoices.
- Process employer invoices and client support requests, which includes validating, tracking, and reconciling to balance for two sites.
- Process all invoicing/vendor claims (claims, staff expenses) and if applicable enter requisitions/purchase orders into FAST/Banner and reconcile monthly.
- Process capital requests & P.O.s for and work with vendors to ensure accuracy
- Process rental agreements and create PO’s in FAST/Banner
- Problem solving accounting issues with Finance as they arise
- Working through logistical requirements of two separate but equally important data systems.
- Enter and update CATS/EOIS CaMS (MTCU system) to track employer and participant information as required by Employment Ontario
- Analyzing & problem solving any missing or conflicting data between internal databases (CATS, Google Docs and EOIS CaMS)
- Prepare statistical reports for staff and manager; gather and compile divisional and interagency statistical data as requested
- Analyze & problem solve statistical reports to determine if assigned targets are being met
- Coordinating the internal preparation to perform system & software updates for CATS & ensure compatibility/reliability as compared with EOIS CaMS
- Troubleshooting errors in both databases as they occur and backing up data in case of corruption.
- Planning & timely coordination of: closing client files; tracking & submitting staff attendance /payroll timesheet submissions, data entry and submission of employer invoicing
- Planning & coordinating alerts for Case Managers & Job Developers Three/Six & 12 month follow-ups required with clients/employers. This information is time sensitive if not conducted on time will result in loss of required/managed information which is sensitive to ongoing funding
|Job Category||Web Developer|