|The role will be part of the Business Management team within Technical Services International (TSI). TSI has responsibility for the design, implementation and operation of all internal IT infrastructure across International (i.e. outside the domestic US).
This role has responsibility for all aspects of Service Management within TSI working as part of a global virtual team. The focus will be on critical sites and services in multiple countries but with focus on services delivered in Mexico and Europe due to recent and planned expansion there.
The successful candidate will have a strong IT technical background (to degree level or by several years of working in a technical IT role) and may have applied that knowledge in a previous Service Management role in a large organization. A qualification in the ITIL framework is highly desirable as you will be responsible for applying and developing process strategies and concepts.
The role will be responsible for developing and applying the Service Management strategy across the organization working with Project Teams, Engineers and Managers across all technologies, geographies and time zones.
Included is responsibility will be to drive service and process excellence, and delivery of new functionality, by being the customer advocate within TSI
Roles and Responsibilities:Primarily the role has responsibility for:
- Managing, monitoring and improving TSI services at critical sites and for critical service
- Determining and defining service requirements, matching TSI service capability, and defining resultant service offerings and SLAs.
- Acting as a pipeline manager in the VPMO process ensuring quality services are successfully launched into the live environment through effective quality gates
- Developing, documenting, applying and improving service management processes
- Ensuring the processed are adhered to by all TSI International Staff
- Leading and running the service and process improvement
- Leading root cause analysis and problem elimination
- Developing and reporting on Service Management metrics
- Working with partner groups and vendors on items related to critical service and sites
- Providing education and coaching on service management to all TSI associates
- Contributing to financial management ensuring cost effective services
- Driving continuous improvement in the above areas
TSI services consist of the following:
- All typical office infrastructure – desktop PC, telephony, LAN, file & print, email, SharePoint, WAN, intranet. Microsoft technologies.
- Call Manager services, based on Cisco technologies
- Contact centre technologies for some 20 customer care centers worldwide, based on Cisco technologies
- Mobility services including, but not limited to, Blackberry Enterprise Services and other Smartphone services
- Infrastructure services such as servers (including virtualization), storage, backup, security and disaster recovery
- Teleconferencing based on Cisco Telepresence
- Internal business applications based on Sun, HP, Dell and IBM platforms
- Emerging technologies and services such as HVD, BYOD, Mobile computing
Key Competencies and Skills:
MUST be fluent in English. Fluent Spanish is an advantage.
- Previous Experience as a successful Service Manager in a large organization
- Degree in an IT discipline or a closely related relevant discipline or strong relevant IT experience
- Strong background in IT with a focus and interest in service and process improvement.
- Certification in ITIL, ideally to Manager’s Certificate level
- Familiarity with project management frameworks or methodologies
- A confident, open communicator and be capable of working independently and remotely from your immediate management team
- Able to demonstrate the ability to take an independent lead and be self-driven
- Able to demonstrate a diligent, methodical approach.
- Good numeric skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Above all a zeal for delighting your customer, and for continuous improvement, is key to your approach to work
Education and Qualifications:
Likely to be degree educated, but a proven capability to deliver is more important.
Formal qualification in Service Management (e.g. ITIL) and/or Project Management (e.g. PMI, Prince II) is an advantage.