The Technical Sales Professional will be the day-to-day contact with the decision-makers at both existing and new accounts for the defined geographic territory for northern and eastern Ontario province, including Toronto and Ottawa and/or assigned accounts and is accountable for executing on sales strategy including but not limited to:
- Manages, maintains and grows own territory and accountable for delivering results
- Consistently applies sales process and use of all sales tools
- Develops sales funnel for future growth opportunities
- Accountable for both growth and erosion prevention metrics
Negotiates more complex situations within and outside of the organization. Thoughtfully develops creative solutions that satisfy all parties
A solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market and the needs of assigned accounts; may help to develop colleagues’ understanding.
Comfortably presents to a broad and diverse group, maintaining group focus and accurately responds to unrehearsed questions and progresses agenda.
Actively listens to others; asks appropriate questions indicating interest in and knowledge of the message; focuses without interruption; evaluates verbal statements and nonverbal behavior to gain insight; responds appropriately in a non-judgmental manner.
Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages. Presents an open persona that encourages even the most reluctant person to express his/her views. Demonstrates the ability to recognize when others are having difficulty understanding his/her messages and adapts style appropriately.
Applies latest techniques, promptly establishes connection with key contacts at new prospects, and assesses their needs and prioritizing in their pipeline activity. Consistently utilizes CDT to close specifications. TSP’s need to develop strong relationships with top installers in their regions
Seeks to work with teams. Encourages people with opposing viewpoints to express their thoughts. Assumes accountability for team goals.
– applies problem-solving skills using technical knowledge, and is able to independently, technically support customers
– creates advantage through deep understanding of customer needs and accelerates sales process by selecting the right opportunities
– has a broad understanding of markets and industry, and frequently includes in conversations with customers
– Knowledgeable on company, customer, and competitive supply chains; with medium complexity is able to help optimize customer value chain models
– Able to recommend basic improvements to customers’ processes
– has broad working knowledge of multiple substrates and finishes with advantages and disadvantages of each
– Consistently applies product mix and pricing strategy to achieve margin goals
Position provides general service needs. Position requires in-depth category knowledge and technical proficiency of installation practices. Translates new business development opportunities into actionable plans and results.
3+ years of relevant sales experience with a degree related industry and B2B/ B2C experience required
7+ years without a degree with relevant experience and demonstrated success.
GSE 1 and GSE 2 Certification Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time