There is an opening for a Supervisor at the Service Center. This key position provides daily supervision and leadership to the shop technicians. Assume responsibility for developing the skills and knowledge of the technicians and for providing a safe, environmentally compliant work environment for all.
· 4-year college degree is required or
· A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience at another manufacturing or service operation required
This is for the contributor who thrives on problem-solving within a team environment. The right person for this job will provide leadership through strong communication skills, demonstrate a passion for customer service, and have a commitment to continuous improvement.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
• Ensure quality repair and maintenance of equipment, such that all jobs are completed with regard to competitive edge while achieving customer goals.
• Ensure accurate, complete, and legible customer documentation and associate records.
• Identify capital needs for major shop equipment; manage shop tool purchases within budget.
• Maintain current product and equipment knowledge to assist hourly associates in trouble-shooting for problem solving.
• Be a champion of continuous training for new and existing technicians.
• Consistently apply company policies, procedures, and shop rules.
• Have safety figure prominently, beginning with daily safety meetings.
• Work closely with Materials to ensure parts are available for each job and with Service Manager for overall success of the Service Center.
• Ensure compliance to environmental regulations in the entire service center.
• Maintain the shop and storage yard in a clean, uncluttered manner
Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
respects the dignity of their employees and ensures that their actions and workplaces are free of harmful discrimination. Human rights laws across Canada prohibit employers from discriminating against individuals in hiring, firing, or in the terms and conditions of employment because of certain personal characteristics (unless it is for a valid job requirement).
With some exceptions, workers in Canada are protected from discrimination based on: • national or ethnic origin, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour; • disability (physical and/or mental); • religion, creed, political belief, association; • sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy; • age (with exceptions for minors and seniors in some cases); • marital or family status.
|Job Category||Admin Support, Construction|