|An award-winning and well-established Public Accounting firm in Burlington is growing due to their strong reputation and exceptional client service! My client is looking for a Senior Accounting Associate to join their team of vibrant professionals. This position is ideal for someone who has approximately 1 year of experience in a public accounting environment at the intermediate level.
Why work here?
- You want to work for a smaller sized firm where you are noticed and can truly make a difference.
- You want to be a part of an award-winning team.
- You want to work with a forward thinking employer in an innovative environment.
- Professional development is highly valued and supported at this organization.
- You want to collaborate with a management team who provides you with autonomy, respect and endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare Notice to Readers, Review engagements and related working paper files in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Prepare accounting for investment portfolios (recording transactions, reconciling accounts, etc.)
- Review of T5’s
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns
- Provide day to day support as a valuable resource to clients (this may include bookkeeping assistance, preparation of HST returns, payroll remittances, WSIB/EHT returns etc on a as needed basis)
- Respond to requests from CRA
- Provide day to day mentoring for junior team members and co-op students in the areas of file preparation, technical issues and firm processes
- Continue to grow technically
- Commitment to the Firm’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Achievement of competencies for your level
Desired Skills & Experience
- University or College Accounting graduate
- Pursuing CPA Accounting degree
- CGA Designation or near completion of
- 12-14 months of Intermediate Accounting level experience
- Experience using Caseview/Caseware, Profile, Sage, Simply and Quickbooks software
- Strong bookkeeping skills – ability to use software records from clients to extract necessary information; prepare cash books; handling clients with unsophisticated to sophisticated records
- Proven client service abilities
- Ability to deal with competing deadlines while offering quality client service
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Accounting: 1 year