Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and bio-fuel customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA is a $25 billion dollar organization operating in Canada, United States & Mexico with an unsurpassed asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants, biodiesel facilities, and farm service centers.
The Sales Representatives (a collective term for Grain, Crop Input and Account Representatives) are accountable for generating top line revenue by helping customers succeed.
As an integral member of the Farm Service Group (FSG), in the role of Crop Input Representative, you will be provided with the tools and training to help customers make informed decisions using Cargill’s full portfolio of products and services. While considering the farm customers’ preferences for conducting business and their individual goals, you will sell fertilizer, seed and crop protection products. In providing solutions to the customers you will help them to succeed while growing the top line revenues for Cargill.
• Achieve top line revenue targets and help customers succeed by:
o Building productive, long-term relationships with farmer customers
o Developing a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business
o Planning sales contacts that present solutions and value to customers
o Partnering with Grain Marketing and Agronomy Advisors to identify customers and sell consulting services
o Managing customer credit and accounts receivables to help customers make good financial decisions
• Execute Cargill’s customer focus fundamentals and best practices including:
o Optimizing strategic sales planning and time allocation through customer segmentation
o Meeting financial targets through strong individual customer tactical plans
o Creating and delivering on a well-defined weekly customer call plan to achieve financial targets
o Participating in weekly customer focus meetings to share plans for delivering value to customers
o Capture information accurately in the Customer Relationship Management tool (Salesforce.com)
• Continuously increase your knowledge of Agriculture, Agronomy, Grain Marketing and Cargill’s products and services
• Along with your FSG team, you will carry out specific administrative or operational goals to provide superior customer service
• Related post-secondary education in Business or Agriculture or equivalent work experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Persistence and highly developed selling skills
• Ability to identify opportunities and prospects, build customer relationships and close sales
• Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in math, written communications and computer skills
• Strong planning skills, including the ability to segment markets, target and analyze customer potential
• Possess a Canadian Driver’s License
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Preferred, but will provide training for the right candidate:
• Understand the Canadian agricultural system including grain marketing, grain transportation and crop production practices
• Knowledge of grain and / or crop input product Knowledge of grain and crop input operations and products
• Knowledge of grain marketing and agronomic practices
• Experience using customer relationship management software
• Potential to qualify for CCA certification if market conditions require that designation
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Location Canada-Manitoba-Altona
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|