What You’ll Be Doing
As a QA Consultant, you will join CIBC’s Personal & Small Business Technology (PSBT) team to drive quality, centralize and standardize our QA processes, and accelerate the deployment of QA tools and agile-adoption across the technology team. You will be responsible for development and support of processes and practices necessary to produce quality products/services and manage risk by ensuring that enterprise processes are followed and comply with CIBC policies and standards.
How You’ll Succeed
- Continuous Improvement & Best Practices: Improve QA processes through continuous innovation, provide recommendations / solutions. Advocate for industry best practices, delivery methodologies, automation, tools, etc.
- Analysis & Recommendations: Conduct analysis on existing automation and QA tools and provide recommendations. Benchmark the PSBT’s test maturity against industry standards and develop actionable plans to address gaps and opportunities. Prioritize goals and quick wins based on value, stakeholder and enterprise priorities
- Project Management: Manage small/medium work packages simultaneously. Identify obstacles or risks that may impact a project’s timeline or success and provide regular status updates to the business. Keep the lines of communication open with stakeholders, and escalate issues when necessary.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 7+ years of experience in a high level Quality Assurance or Development role with a strong understanding of the SDLC. You have knowledge of process improvement, change management, quality management methods, Agile delivery, as well as, IT standards, procedures and policies. You have a Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related. You have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as, excellent leadership skills with the ability to impact decisions within and outside the organization.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
|Job Category||Automation consultant|