|Title: Project Scheduler
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Date Posted: July 20, 2016
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are the only family-orientated energy infrastructure company that employs highly-skilled professionals who
deliver industry-leading solutions and techniques that enable power system owners and operators — across North
America and expanding around the world — to deliver power in an era of aging infrastructure and increasing energy
The Project Scheduler is responsible for supporting the projects and bids in managing all activities associated to
planning, scheduling, monitoring, forecasting and analysis. This position will have a thorough understanding of the
contract, scope of work, and estimate and procurement plan for the Maritime Link project and will be responsible
for preparing and assessing detailed project plans for all stages and facets of the project to help deliver outcomes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize Primavera Project Planning Tool to develop and maintain plans and schedules to assist in the
planning function during the design and construction phases;
• Develop and administer project schedules;
• Monitor and update project schedules, milestones and completion timetables;
• Initiate and build relationships with key project staff;
• Liaise with suppliers and the client to obtain relevant information for ensuring schedule is correct and up-
• Ensure schedule is communicated to the Project team to give them a full understanding of the project
• Prepare and distribute regular project status reports for project management and client review;
• Provide planning and scheduling analysis and forecasting to project team
• Other duties may be assigned consistent with job description.
• Well organized, fast learner and able to follow instructions;
• Knowledge of transmission and distribution line construction means and methods;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Proficiency working with independent planning systems including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project;
• Strong customer service focus;
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Excellent computer skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint;
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve;
• Good judgment and reasoning skills;
• Ability to work with limited direction and to function as a key team member.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CREDENTIALS
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business;
• 5-7 years planning/scheduling experience, preferably in a construction environment;
• Certification by an accredited society in Planning, Production Control and/or Project Management is
• Significant experience using Primavera Project Management Software, in particular Primavera 6;
• Experience using an ERP system in a construction environment;
• Previous work experience with commercial estimating software considered an asset;
• Prior experience in a construction, engineering and/or utility environment.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
We care about our internal and external customers – loyalty is earned.
• Listen, and listen more, to better understand – you get excited about opportunities to help others.
• Own customers’ challenges to deliver unique solutions – you recognize that it’s our privilege to serve
customers because without “them,” there is no “us.”
• Focus on what is “important” as opposed to “urgent” – you focus on the big picture rather than getting lost
in the details.
• Express thanks to those who help us constantly improve – you recognize and embrace constructive criticism.
We strive for safety excellence – practice safety within the workplace, our homes, and at play.
• No compromise on safety – make safety a thought, an action, a cornerstone belief in everything you do.
• Live safely for yourself, your team, and your family – you work together to ensure safety for all.
• Learn and improve from past experiences – lessons learned fuel our future successes.
We create a great workplace by filling it with spectacular people – set expectations high, have fun, and celebrate
• Succeed through professional and personal growth – take ownership of your own success.
• Respect the unique contribution that every employee brings to the table – be open to learning and growing
• Place importance on effectiveness rather than effort – work smarter, by being conscious of your current
levels of productivity, health, and happiness.
We take pride in what we do – how we show up is important
• Be part of the solution – you problem solve rather than complain, gossip, or cut others down.
• Know when to lead, know when to follow – check your ego at the door.
• Pursue improvement … relentlessly – you make continual changes to grow.
• Embrace change – you understand that markets change, competition changes, and technology changes.
We stand among the very best – doing it right makes our reputation even stronger
• Say what you mean, mean what you say –One dishonest action can ruin a lifetime of goodwill.
• Demonstrate trust in order to gain trust – an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.
• Lead by example – you recognize that your actions are always being observed, and actions speak louder
• Seek first to understand before seeking to be understood – you avoid drawing ill-informed conclusions or
We respect our position in the broader community – act in accordance with our culture and values
• Build and support the communities where we work and live – make the world cleaner, safer, and more
• Care for and respect our environment – promote environmentally sound practices throughout every aspect
of our business.
• Create a culture of inclusion built on trust, respect, and dignity for all – build teams that capitalize on the
diverse talents of all employees.
• Explore opportunities to grow and develop positive relationships with First Nations – create mutually
|Job Category||Admin Support, Engineering, Others|