|Title: Procurement Coordinator
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are the only family-orientated energy infrastructure company that employs highly-skilled professionals who
deliver industry-leading solutions and techniques that enable power system owners and operators — across North
America and expanding around the world — to deliver power in an era of aging infrastructure and increasing energy
The Procurement Coordinator will support the Maritime Link project team by assisting with the daily purchase order
process, communicating with our supplier partners and assisting with all other administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with processing Purchase Orders and confirming their delivery dates with suppliers;
• Communicate professionally with suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve
shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems;
• Prepare, maintain, and update purchasing files and reports;
• Work closely with the project team to complete various administrative duties in support of the
• Liaison with the Accounting Department to reconcile invoices and purchase orders;
• Prepare various reports as requested and required;
• Attend meetings and take minutes as required;
• Other duties may be assigned consistent with job description.
• Well organized, fast learner and able to follow instructions;
• Strong interpersonal skills and very comfortable speaking with suppliers;
• Strong team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision to complete work
• Must be very adaptable and very open to changes;
• Very strong commitment and determination to complete tasks on time and meet deadlines;
• Proactive and show initiative to take on extra duties without being asked;
• Must be willing to offer suggestions and feedback to increase efficiencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CREDENTIALS
• Post-secondary education in Operations, Inventory or Purchasing Management;
• Minimum 2-5 years’ of directly related experience preferably in the construction industry;
• Experience in Procurement a strong asset;
• Excellent computer skills including advanced MS Excel.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
We care about our internal and external customers – loyalty is earned.
• Listen, and listen more, to better understand – you get excited about opportunities to help others.
• Own customers’ challenges to deliver unique solutions – you recognize that it’s our privilege to serve
customers because without “them,” there is no “us.”
• Focus on what is “important” as opposed to “urgent” – you focus on the big picture rather than getting lost
in the details.
• Express thanks to those who help us constantly improve – you recognize and embrace constructive criticism.
We strive for safety excellence – practice safety within the workplace, our homes, and at play.
• No compromise on safety – make safety a thought, an action, a cornerstone belief in everything you do.
• Live safely for yourself, your team, and your family – you work together to ensure safety for all.
• Learn and improve from past experiences – lessons learned fuel our future successes.
We create a great workplace by filling it with spectacular people – set expectations high, have fun, and celebrate
• Succeed through professional and personal growth – take ownership of your own success.
• Always be a ambassador – take pride in opportunities to share your beliefs, learnings, strengths,
• Respect the unique contribution that every employee brings to the table – be open to learning and growing
• Place importance on effectiveness rather than effort – work smarter, by being conscious of your current
levels of productivity, health, and happiness.
We take pride in what we do – how we show up is important
• Be part of the solution – you problem solve rather than complain, gossip, or cut others down.
• Know when to lead, know when to follow – check your ego at the door.
• Pursue improvement … relentlessly – you make continual changes to grow.
• Strive to achieve the best results – you have higher expectations of yourself
• Embrace change – you understand that markets change, competition changes, and technology changes.
We stand among the very best – doing it right makes our reputation even stronger
• Say what you mean, mean what you say –One dishonest action can ruin a lifetime of goodwill.
• Demonstrate trust in order to gain trust – an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.
• Lead by example – you recognize that your actions are always being observed, and actions speak louder
• Seek first to understand before seeking to be understood – you avoid drawing ill-informed conclusions or
We respect our position in the broader community – act in accordance with our culture and values
• Build and support the communities where we work and live – make the world cleaner, safer, and more
• Care for and respect our environment – promote environmentally sound practices throughout every aspect
of our business.
• Create a culture of inclusion built on trust, respect, and dignity for all – build teams that capitalize on the
diverse talents of all employees.
• Explore opportunities to grow and develop positive relationships with First Nations – create mutually
|Job Category||Accounting, Admin Support, Engineering|