|Contract Assignment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This is a two-year unaccompanied fixed-term contract assignment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Company will not support the entry or stay of a spouse, dependents or visitors.
The position includes suitable, furnished accommodations in a secure compound, as well as a personal vehicle.
- Conduct field data analyses to identify Command, Control, Communications, Computer and Sensor (C4S) Systems trends with respect to operational, technical and supportability issues; and develop recommended life-cycle support solutions for the fleet of Light Armored Vehicles (LAV).
- Perform site visits to investigate system technical issues, as required.
- Provide system configuration/data management; system engineering; logistical and technical support to end-user’s operational and maintenance support organizations, as required.
- Log, prioritize, analyze and respond to field problem reports.
- Liaise with development teams during problem investigation and/or during system upgrades.
- Provide obsolescence management support to Fleet Management Team (FMT).
- Advise the FMT team lead on issues that may impact fleet operational availability.
- Evaluate proposed system configuration changes for supportability impacts and technical feasibility.
- Manage and coordinate implementation of system H/W and S/W retrofits and upgrades, as required.
- Develop and provide updated/revised operation, maintenance and retrofit and diagnostic instructions/procedures to the Armored Brigades maintenance organizations, as required.
- Provide system operational and technical training support, as required.
- Actively participate in the FMT team activities alongside various other Original Equipment Manufacturer’s technical support personnel, as required.
- Provide support to the FMT in the analysis of the RGLAV fleet supportability performance.
- Provide end-user’s planning, coordination, status and review meetings support, as required.
- Develop and provide written supportability reports, as required/directedRequired Qualifications:
- 3 year College Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Technologist field or equivalent experience;
- Certified Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND 1) or equivalent;
- 2 years related work experience with:
- PC or Laptop Basic Maintenance;
- Windows 7 Operating System;
- Satellite Communications Operation and Maintenance (including System Administration);
- Voice Over IP Operation and Maintenance (including System Administration);
- Battlefield Management System Operation or Command Post Operation;
- Must attend and successfully complete training at the C4S OEM location in Canada;
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions for confined space;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Proficient with MS Office S/W applications;
- Working knowledge of project management principles;
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Ability to travel (100%), and in possession of or have the necessary qualifications to obtain a valid passport;
- In possession of or have the necessary qualifications to obtain a valid Saudi Arabian work visa; and
- Be willing and able to relocate to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for an extended period of time (min. 2 years).
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Familiar with Family of Light Armored Vehicle (FOLAV) maintenance and life-cycle support principles/processes;
- Proficient in written and spoken Arabic; and
- In possession of or the necessary qualifications to obtain a valid secret level security clearance.