The Task Requirements of the job are as follows:
• Operate equipment to support various producing units such as power saws, manual lathes, milling machines, layout (height gauge, trammel, dividers) drills, grinders, shaper, bolt threader, key seater.
• Perform tasks to support operations of various producing units (able to read and understand CNC programs, as well as produce your own simple programming.)
• Inspect raw materials and finished product to meet specification.
• Operate and inspect material handling equipment (such as overhead & mobile cranes); light mobile equipment (such as forklifts, pick up trucks)
• Operate and inspect hand-held equipment (such as torches, pneumatic/ power actuated tools).
• Assist with the maintenance or repair of equipment.
• Communicate clearly (verbal/written/computerized), tasks performed by means of daily log.
• Knowledge of cutting tools (carbide, high speed steel, ceramic, indexable, tapered shank, how to sharpen) Read and interpret blueprints/drawings, produce rough sketches (abbreviations, symbols for machining/welding/assembly, tolerances).
• Machine and maintain close tolerances at all times.
• Fit and assemble simple as well as complex assemblies.
• Employee may work alone, with minimal supervision or with other Maintenance Technicians in conjunction with operating team members to perform maintenance tasks.
• This position requires an Industrial Electrician Certification of Qualification (429A) with a minimum of two years experience in an industrial environment.
The Work Environment Requirements of the job are as follows:
• The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the facility. Depending on the area you work in, the environmental conditions may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy.
• Safety is our highest priority, and safety procedures and guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes wearing personal protective equipment, such as a hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes with metatarsal protection at all times during a work shift.
• Employees work in a unionized, highly industrial setting.
The Work Schedule Requirements of the job are as follows:
• Our Lake Erie facility operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year with varying hours of work including 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts.
• This means that you may be required to work different days of the week each time you rotate shifts. In other words, you may be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
• The position requires you to work overtime as needed.
• Punctuality and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operations in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team environment.
The Physical Requirements of the job are as follows:
• Temperature Tolerance: The ability to withstand extreme temperatures.
• Reaction Time: The ability to quickly respond to process upsets.
• Static Strength: The ability to exert significant muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
• Trunk Strength: The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time, including bending and stooping.
• Dynamic Strength: The ability to exert muscle force at intervals throughout a work shift. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
• Agility: The ability to negotiate different areas of the plant, including climbing stairs and ladders, and moving around barriers.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move, and react.