- Maintains effective day-to-day contact with employees and management by answering employee questions and serving as an information resource to employees regarding policies, compensation, benefits, and all other applicable programs.
- Assists Human Resource Department in the training of new employees by providing coordination and scheduling support for training programs and initiatives.
- Assists in employment screening, including: criminal background checks, pre-screens, reference checks, etc. on request and where appropriate.
- Completes necessary paperwork and enters information into HR systems regarding recruitment, training, employee changes, pay rates, benefit enrollment, etc.
- Prepares various correspondence including: memos, e-mails, faxes, letters and policies.
- Assist with creating and preparing various reports and spreadsheets.
- Maintains department filing system to ensure availability of information when needed.
- Assists in creating, maintaining and publishing labor reporting for each scheduled area.
- Assists with department and storewide planning, preparation, and execution of meetings, projects, and events.
- Educational background in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an office environment or related field.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers and other business contacts in a courteous, positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of or experience in outdoor activity and associated products preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Experience with Kronos considered an asset.
|Job Category||Human Resources|