- Directing the daily work of all food and beverage employees, ensuring adherence to company policies and the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Participating in the recruitment, selection, and training of staff as needed
- Coordination of banquets and special functions with the Kitchen, ensuring that the banquet functions rooms are set up according to the banquet event orders
- Maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of all food and beverage areas and equipment at all times
- Daily issuing of cash floats, receiving reconciled cash-outs, and remitting to the Finance department
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food and beverage service; priority will be given to candidates with experience in fine dining, a la carte, bartending, and banquet set-up and service
- Previous experience leading a team in a food and beverage environment
- Knowledge of Alberta Serve Safe, and completion of Alberta ProServe is required
- Comfortable working knowledge of MS Office and point of sales machines
- A valid Alberta or international equivalent driver’s license
- Available for shift work, overtime, and split-shifts as needed
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- This position will be required to have emergency first aid; training will be provided
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a permanent, full time position, subject to a 6 months probationary period.
- This starting salary for this position is $43,500 annually, working 40 hours per week. The successful candidate will enjoy twenty paid vacation days and four personal days annually, extended medical and dental benefits, and participation in an employer-matched pension plan.