To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Four years experience in a related field or two years practical experience and three years teaching experience.
- A credential in adult education or in progress from an accredited post secondary institution is preferred.
- Current registration as a Dental Assistant with the Manitoba Dental Association required.
- Satisfy specific position qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the courses.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.
|Job Category||Dental Assistant|