Duties & Responsibilities:
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator performs some or all the following duties:
- Maintain and operate the treatment plant systems, the filtering and chemical treatment processes.
- Service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water intakes, pipes, water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, circulation pumps, and valves.
- Ensure an adequate supply of water for human consumption and firefighting activities, ensure effluent quality meets regulatory parameters and inspect the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations.
- Conduct regular inspections of the physical plant, establish a preventative maintenance program, conduct inspections of mechanical, generators, electrical, and other building components and systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Maintain mobile equipment including vehicles, make arrangements for major repairs to the physical plant and mobile equipment, establish preventative maintenance schedules, keep a daily log and ensure records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner and track data.
- Prepare activity and work order reports, recommend the purchase of goods and equipment, maintain inventories, provide reports to government agencies, departments and other organizations as required.
- Outline and implement all Waste water procedures and protocols, provide support and training to site staff.
- Assist with ordering of all parts and equipment for waste water units.
Experience & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will possess with following education and experience:
- Level 1 Waste water certification combined with good mechanical aptitude in plumbing and some electrical or;
- Level II Water and Wastewater Treatment;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a similar position;
- Potable water technician certification;
- Current Driver’s License, recent and acceptable drivers’ abs tract;
- Ability to multi -task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others;
- Self -motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Strong analytical and detail oriented and problem-solving s kills;
- Ability to complete pap e r work accurately in a timely manner;
- Proficient in computer programs such as Micro soft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Receptive to change – can adapt to changing circumstances;
- Level II Certification would be an asset but not required;
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current; and
- Attentive to health/safety of self and co-workers.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
|Job Category||Data Operator|