- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of communication strategies and tactics for corporate initiatives that may impact the bargaining unit.
- Participates in strategic discussions with management on communication strategies for corporate initiatives that may impact the bargaining unit.
- Coordinates and provides corporate writing services for applicable audiences, ensuring all writing meets corporate and industry standards (includes standard corporate communications and social media platforms).
- Conducts interviews and researches concepts that are related to strategic, confidential or corporately sensitive topics.
- Reviews and edits written material that is strategic in nature, confidential and/or corporately sensitive.
- Acts as the corporate spokesperson in the corporate spokesperson’s absence (in applicable positions only).
- Assists the Communications Managers (in the applicable function), Director of Auto Fund Awareness and Communications, Senior Director of Brand and Corporate Communications, Vice-President of Strategy, Marketing and Communications and senior management with issues management and crisis communications tactics.
- Represents the Communications department on corporate committees that develop policies and operational initiatives at the management and executive level, exercising discretion pertaining to confidential information discussed within those committees.
- Liaises with management, contacts in government departments and agencies, and/or other stakeholder groups, ensuring communication is coordinated with consistent and timely messages.
- Develops, implements, manages and evaluates the corporation’s Social Media Program, ensuring social media messaging is consistent with media key messages (in applicable positions).
- Persuades and negotiates priorities on project teams to ensure consistent messaging.
- Actively contributes to and supports a culture of a high performing workforce.
- Participates in divisional succession plans, ensuring ongoing professional and career development and supports development in others.
- Supports a culture of leadership and accountability to effectively deliver on strategic and corporate strategies.
- Is actively committed to leadership development across the company, supporting team and workforce readiness through mentoring, training and developmental opportunities.