ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide technical support to ensure that operational targets are met.
- Perform technical investigations and root cause analysis, provide technical feedback and recommendations to return the plant to normal operation after upsets
- Perform required studies, problem definitions, and calculations for plant optimization
- Perform calculations to identify required process conditions for expense projects
- Develop tools to improve both process and equipment monitoring and performance projection
- Provide technical support for tasks such as: operational procedure reviews, management of change (MOC) execution, risk reviews, bottleneck identification and plant turnarounds
- Support continuous improvement efforts through stewardship of the MOC process among the process engineering discipline.
- Perform sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
- 0-5 years of work experience is required
- Experience in an operating plant is an asset.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
Basic knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Basic ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Advanced reading and writing skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with others. Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations
Basic knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software is preferred.
Office and Petroleum Refinery/Industrial environment, required to work in all temperatures including out-of-doors. Required to work in a plant environment and out of doors. Works near moving mechanical parts and/or rotating equipment.
|Job Category||Chemical Engineer|