support to staffing and internal programs by:
- Assisting with the staffing process by preparing advertisement and posting of job vacancies in newspapers, on the PSAC web site and any other sources;
- Preparing screening files, scheduling candidates’ testing and interviews, preparing interviewing kits for selection board members;
- Administering written exams by providing directives to candidates, overseeing the exam if required.
Education and Experience;
- Recruitment experience preferred.
- The position requires general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial and administrative services relevant to the duties of the position for a mid-size organization of unionized employees;
- Strong knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized;
- General knowledge of the PSAC and its role in the labour community.
- Ability to prepare draft letters and effectively type, transcribe and edit documents;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, demonstrated experience and ability to work with word processing, databases and spreadsheet software at an intermediate to advance level and experience with an e‑mail software;
- Demonstrated ability working with human resources information systems;
- Ability to apply various policies and collective agreements pertaining to the position’s responsibilities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French. (Second language will be evaluated);
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information in a diplomatic, professional and tactful manner;
- Understanding and commitment to union principles, equity and social justice issues.
|Job Category||Business advisor|