|Our client, in Charlottetown, PE, is looking for an experienced individual to join their team as theirBookkeeper and Office Administrator to oversee, coordinate and review all bookkeeping functions for multiple businesses. Working in a busy office environment, the selected candidate will have a strong background in bookkeeping and familiarity working with Sage Acc-pac.
In this role, the chosen candidate will:
- Review transactions and prepare accurate and complete journal entries
- Assist in performing month-end closing activities
- Process payroll
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger
- Monthly balance sheet analysis & reconciliation
- Budget & forecasting support for management
- Responding to inquiries
- Reviewing vendor invoices and statements for accuracy
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- Creating, tracking, and following up on purchase orders & inventory
- Ensuring the proper processing of documentation
- Creating and updating various tracking systems and spread sheets
- Other duties as required
- Establish own work priorities, ensuring project deadlines are met and procedures are followed;
- Answer telephone enquiries and relay telephone calls; and
- Manage filing systems (manual & electronic) including electronic tracking sheets.
- 4-5 years minimum bookkeeping experience and a diploma or degree from an accredited business administration, accounting, or bookkeeping program.
- Independent – You work well with little supervision, managing your time effectively while staying organized.
- Team player – You have an ability to work collaboratively within a team.
As the ideal candidate, you will have high attention to accuracy and detail, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with minimal supervision. Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks within tight timelines are required competencies.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to establish work priorities, ensuring deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
Job Type: Full-time