Duties and Responsibilities
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the primary responsibilities of the AutoCAD Specialist are to:
- Champion the culture of NAC and a positive work environment.
- Design, plan and construct drawings for new or modified retail store designs and structures.
- Responsible for computer applications producing layout diagrams, schematics and store design plans.
- Identify and communicate design discrepancies and making appropriate modifications.
- Compile drawings for approval, production and distribution.
- Assist store build out team in preparing detailed construction documents, sign-off on electrical systems, structural framework, store building materials, ceiling plans, roof plans, building sections, exterior and interior store front facade.
- Collaborate with retail store opening team which includes Operations Directors, Director of IT, Director of Real Estate, Retail Regional Directors and Marketing Team.
- Work with project team to establish goals and ensure all shop drawings and engineering for assigned projects are completed according to set deadlines.
- Stay abreast of municipal bylaws, legislation’s, and restrictions which may impact store builds, operations, structures and layouts.
- Other duties as and when required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software.
- A strong technical background in a variety of different building materials.
- Ability to ideate quickly through verbal communication, hand sketches and 3D models.
- Experience in retail business with strong project management in a high-growth environment.
- Strong analytical background, bias for action, and solutions orientated.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of business processes and business systems.
- Clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity, ability to work in highly dynamic, ever-changing environment while meeting deadlines.
Working Environment & Travel
- Office working environment.
- To support our operations across Canada, NAC anticipates this position may occasionally travel.
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working at an architectural, engineering or design firm.
- Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree (preferred) in architecture, engineering or graphics design.
|Job Category||AutoCAD specialist|