We are proud to offer:
- Annual economic and salary increase within the salary range;
- Great work-life balance with 35 hr work week and 10 days’ vacation to start, plus annual holiday closure between Christmas and New Years’ Day;
- Generous leaves compensation including maternity, parental, adoption, sick, and personal;
- Professional development opportunities;
- On-site child care and a long list of comprehensive benefits for you and your family including medical, dental and pension;
- In addition, we offer a wide variety of discounted programs and memberships.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounting Coordinator is responsible for supporting the accounting and financial planning and reporting for Ocean Networks Canada Society (ONCS). The position plays a key role in providing timely accounting services to the members of ONCS, and provides interpretation and advice to budget managers on UVic and ONC accounting policies, practices and procedures.
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, responsibilities include preparation of financial reports and analysis, reconciliation of FAST accounts, accounts receivable, maintenance of capital asset register and external audit facilitation and, general duties. This position also prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements, working papers and reports for Ocean Networks Canada Society (ONCS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to employ excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy in performing calculations, data entry and reviewing of details
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively as part of a team
- As an integral member of the ONC Finance team, it is essential that the incumbent be a team player and possess a positive attitude and a genuine desire to provide quality support to all stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality