- Performs a broad range of money laundering detection related activities in support of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations designed to prevent financial-related crimes.
- Gathers Customer and transaction information from branches and other internal TDBG Bank areas, researches information and identifies potential issues and reports results to other internal areas or law enforcement agencies for further investigation.
- Researches and verifies such details as name, address, social security number, business information and amount and source of transaction to ensure customers and transactions are commensurate with the nature of the account and information provided through public resources.
- Utilizes various informational databases and other research sources to verify information.
- The position recognizes and evaluates high risk accounts & activity. It also maintains department files, utilizes a variety of analytical techniques & computer systems. The incumbent independently performs a broad range of tasks end to end under minimal supervision, inside a team environment, plans and prioritizes daily workload to meet Dept. objectives and effectively communicates with staff to obtain information needed for supporting documentation and reports.
- May perform a variety of AML information gathering activities as part of AML regulations to stop illegally obtained cash from entering the legitimate financial system.
- Obtains information on a variety of transactions, including wires, ATM’s, foreign, international, debit card and others.
- Gathers screen prints of bank statements, signature cards, loan documents and other information and obtains additional materials at direction of investigators.
- General knowledge of and ability to explain CIP and/or KYC, ATF and/or AML regulations, requirements and procedures
- General investigative and business sense to know what are typical transactions and the ability to identify when transactions are atypical for customer type
- Proficiency with excel and word
- Research and analytical ability to review information and draw appropriate conclusions
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to deal professionally with branch issues, problems and questions
- Attention to detail, accuracy and good organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate a varied workload, meeting deadlines as required
- PC skills, including ability to use various searchable databases
- University degree, college diploma, or equivalent considered an asset
- CAMS or CFCS accreditation is an asset
|Job Category||Accreditation Officer|