- Contribute directly to client satisfaction and retention
- Provide Members and Local Tax Consultants with quality, timely, and responsive service and information
- Assist in developing recommendations and implementation plans for practical and effective approaches to Member tax situations
- Verify that bookkeeping is complete and balanced
- Schedule and provide training to Local Tax Consultants as needed
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Answer tax, bookkeeping, CRA audit, payroll, and T4 questions from Members and Tax Consultants
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s or college degree with an emphasis on tax or accounting. General financial accounting knowledge will be tested in the interview.
- Experience working with bookkeeping software such as Sage 50, Quickbooks or Xero including work with adjusting year end entries.
- Experience working with T1 and T2 tax preparation including GST/HST returns will be considered an asset.
- Front line customer service experience will be considered an asset
- Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree (experience in tax, accounting, finance, or bookkeeping)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Resourceful and positive personality
- Collaborative with team members
- Superior customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, clients, and Members
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Genuine interest in providing solutions